Wednesday, June 30, 2010

22 June 2010 - Medialization Thyroplasty

Becoz i had vocal chord paralysis, I Decided to undergo the silicon implant for my hoarse voice which is persistent for the 2 years...(boo hoo hoo). Medical operation fees is $1188 + $248 + $169 (cash upfront).

For Money wise , financially still manageable, coz I can use my medisave $ to deduct so i did it without hesitation although i am not working ....the operation was successful, i went in for day surgery on 22 June @ 12.30pm and go back on the day @ 6pm. I went into surgery @2.15pm come out at 3.30pm.

This operation is known as medialization thyroplasty, I need to be awake in the opt as the dr need to fine tune the best voice for you.
Then
inside i was covered with a cloth i can see but was given local anesthetic at the neck area. I was given a cut at around 6cm long, i can hear the operation equipments working on my neck. The burning smell.. (yucks.. like BBQ)..You can watch te video from You tube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vOxkEo1vrg.


Whoa i can say it's really pain!!!! Level of pain is 8... ('0') ouch!!!! pain sia... i feel like there is a pinch on your skin. keep pinching and pinching and the pain can go all the way to your head. As soon as i went back home i had fish porridge(very hard to swallow, pain!!) & took paracetamol.

Vocal Chord Paralysis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Z8B-_RQvU
-breathy voice
-hoarse voice
-cannot project ur voice loud
-soft voice
-giddy
-hard to talk at food courts, crowded places
-Feels inferior, can't talk well.

Pics of my bandage...
3M tegaderm+pad.














No comments:

Post a Comment